The KANNAD Company specializes in the design of positioning, measuring and data transmission systems for remote environments. The company relies on a name, KANNAD, which is well established within France and international markets, KANNAD is also well known for its COSPAS SARSAT distress beacon brand which has been manufactured for over 20 years.
KANNAD is one of the world leaders in the field of maritime, aeronautical and land-based distress beacons. Certified worldwide, TSO and JTSO, the Kannad ELT is easy to install wherever you operate and wherever the aircraft is flying during its life. The Kannad ELTs are OEM by a number of prime aircraft manufacturers of fixed or rotary wings and deliver value for the retrofit market by easy installation, easy programming and fleet management capability.
The KANNAD 406 AP is designed to be installed near the tail and to be connected to an outside antenna. A sophisticated “shock sensor” system will activate the ELT automatically in the event of a crash. When removed from the bracket and connected to the auxiliary antenna, the Kannad 406 AP becomes an autonomous survival beacon operating on 3 frequencies (121,5/243/406 MHz).
- Optional Navigation Interface transmits GPS coordinates significantly shortening Search and Rescue response time.
- Operates without aircraft power and incorporates an internal alarm/buzzer avoiding costly installation procedures.
- Six year lithium manganese battery.
- Rod (ANT300) or Blade (ANT650) ELT antennas sold separately.
- Three frequency transmitter (121.5 / 243 / 406 MHz)
- Weight: (With battery, bracket, and auxiliary antenna) 2.84 lbs (1290 g)